It’s been a long time working and you havent really paid much attention to your hair.. Let’s hope that your hair isn’t starting to show it. Use these quick tips to put your hair through a mini rehab. It will come out shinier and happier on the other side.
Step 1: Go for a trim.The longer you go without a trim, the more severe the breakage and split ends become at the bottom of your locks. You can do it yourself as well, cut at least a 1/2 inch from your tips or have a friend do it for you. Your hair will thank you.
Step 2: Deep Condition
- If you don’t have a leave in conditioner or don’t want to go buy one, you can use olive oil to soften your hair. Heat some olive oil in the microwave, until it is just warm (about 20 seconds). Once it is warm apply the warm oil to dry hair and comb it through to coat the hair.
- If you have a dry scalp be sure to apply oil there to help moisturize the dry areas.
- If you’re hair is oily, then avoid getting any oil right on your scalp, instead just focus on the ends of your hair.
- Once your hair is covered place your hair in a shower cap or wrap your hair in a towel. Let your hair relax for 5-20 minutes, depending on your preference and shampoo the oil out.
Step 3: Clarify your hair.
- When you clarify your hair, it takes out all of the built up product that accumulates in your hair and makes it heavy and dull.
- An easy and inexpensive way to clarify is to use vinegar. Fill a cup with about a 1/2 cup vinegar and cut it with at least 1 cup water. After shampooing pour the vinegar mixture over your hair. Let your soaked hair rest for a minute or two and then wash it out.
- If you don’t want to use vinegar in our hair, then ask your stylist about a good clarifying shampoo to try using.
Step 4: Get Extra Shine
- Always rinse your hair with cold water at the end of your shower.
- When you wash with hot water, it opens the pores of your hair (just the pores on your face).
- When you wash with cold water, it will close these pores and seal the nutrients from your shampoo and conditioner into your hair, which will make your hair shinier and healthier.
Step 5: Give Your Hair a Break
- If you flat iron, curl, or blow dry your hair on a regular basis try to give your hair a day or two where you do not use any of these styling tools or loads of product.
- This “off day” will give your hair a chance to recover, which will make them healthier and less damaged.
- And for the days when you use styling tools, make sure you put some type of product in your hair before styling even if it’s not specifically a heat protector. Any product will at least create a slight barrier between your hair and the styling to lessen the possible damage to your hair.