With loads and loads of chemicals that we face every day, from air pollution to pesticides in our food, and the makeup products many people turn to natural products in order to maintain health especially oatmeal cleansers.
This is true with skincare products as well. Many facial cleansers contain harsh ingredients that can cause reactions and skin problems when used on sensitive skin. A natural face cleanser can be found as close as your kitchen.
To use the oatmeal whole,
- simply take 1/2 cup of oatmeal and add just enough warm water for it to become pasty. Rinse your face in hot water to open up your pores.
- Using your fingertips, apply the oatmeal to your face using circular motions. You can use a soft wash cloth if you wish, but using your fingers allows you to have a better idea of how hard you are pressing on your skin.
- After you have completely washed your face with the oatmeal scrub, rinse it well with lukewarm water, and then pat it dry. If you want to make this a moisturizing facial cleanser and remove skin irritations,
- add 1 tbsp of honey to the oatmeal and water and mix well before applying it to the face.
To make homemade oatmeal face cleanser,
- you simply grind the oatmeal into a fine powder in a food processor or home kitchen mill. You can use colloidal oatmeal just as you would the whole oat flakes: mix it with water until it makes a paste, and add honey if you wish. The benefit to using the oatmeal whole is that it also acts as an exfoliate for your skin, helping to slough off dead skin cells.
- Oatmeal is nourishing to the skin and is used in many parts of the world as a beauty aid.
- 3 tablespoons oatmeal 2 teaspoons witch hazel and a few drops of water or rose water. You have to dampen the oatmeal first then add the witch hazel. Then add the water to make it moist. Apply to your face with an upward and outward circular motion. Rinse with lots of warm water. This recipe is good for removal of all kinds of skin problems. If you have dry skin, add a little oil. You can also add mashed bananas for more skin nourishment.