This kind of a stress needs to be managed quickly because it can have really harmful effects like muscle tension, stomach aches and even headaches.
Follow these tips to get rid of tension and stress , lead a happy, carefree life!
Side effects of stress and tips to reduce them :
- Progressive Muscle relaxation: Lay down in a quiet place, close your eyes, and breath in deeply and exhale slowly. Next tense a muscle group, such as your thigh muscles, for about 10 seconds and then relax them. It is best to start with your lower extremities and work your way up. Repeat this with other muscle groups; sholders, feet, legs, stomach and up to your head.
- Meditation: Meditation is a focusing of the mind, and for many it brings peace, serenity and stress relief. Two prevelant forms of meditation are mindfulness meditation and transendental meditation.
- Yoga: Besides helping manage stress, yoga helps tone muscles, improve flexibility, and improve posture
- R and R: Take time to rest and relax. Be sure the rest after a long stressful day at work and on the weekend. Hobbies and sports are a great way to relax.
- Excersise: Studies show excersise is an excellent way to reduce stress.
- Keep a diary: If you have persistent worrying thoughts, write them down in a journal. This will help you put the thoughts aside.
- Aromatherapy: Lavender, jasmine, frankincence, myrrh, camomile and orange essential oils are used for relaxation