Having long hair can be problematic for some. Here are a few common problems faced by many, follow the instructions to treat them right and get them in shape and the right form. Read on !
For preventing dry hair
- Try washing your hair less frequently. When you do wash your hair use shampoos and conditioners that contain humectants. Humectants are ingredients in shampoo and conditioners, such as glycerin and panthenol, which help bind water to the hair to reduce dryness.
- Try leaving the conditioner on your hair as long as possible. Do a deep-conditioning treatment about once a week.
For preventing oily hair
- The most important thing you can do to prevent or resolve oily hair is to shampoo your hair daily. Leaving the shampoo on your head for at least 5 minutes before rinsing may help.
- Avoid brushing your hair too often or too vigorously, since the brushing will carry oil from your scalp to the ends of your hair.
- Hormones affect oil production and therefore things that affect your hormone levels (such as stress or birth control pills) may also affect the oiliness of your hair.
Hair cut tips for course hair?
- Don't try to force course hair into being straight. It puts extra stress on the hair and can with an older face make the face look tired. The straight edges of a straight style also tend to add years to an older face by echoing any lines around the eyes or mouth.
- Soft curls or waves especially around the neck tend to have a softening effect.
How can I prevent my hair from frizzing out in the humidity?
- Humidity causes frizz when moisture enters the hair swelling it. Try using a rinse out condition after you shampoo to help moisturize your hair. Towel dry then rub a small amount of serum with silicone throughout your hair. (Another ingredient to look for is dimethicone which also helps.) Since you are going to be using a silicone based product it is recommended to use a clarifying shampoo once a week.
- If your hair is coarse use a styling cream instead of a serum because it is heavier. Avoid gels which can make your hair sticky and stiff.