Having an oily skin type can be a difficult condition to deal with. It tends to accumulate dirt on the face, make the skin greasy and leave your face feeling exhausted after a long day. Add to that the skin problems it can cause in the long run, and every woman should know what causes their oily skin type and how they can cure it!
There are many different reasons for why women have oily skin. Many dermatologists believe that the condition is in fact genetic, and is passed down to family members. However, there more factors that contribute to the skin type as well:
· Hormones: One of the most common reasons for excessively oily skin is hormones. These tend to increase the production of natural oils within the body, and this creates an imbalance on the surface of the skin. While oily skin tends to decline after puberty, women with an oily skin type find themselves dealing with it for years afterwards.
· Pollution: The skin tends to attract a lot of dirt and grime towards itself. This often leads to the skin sweating more than usual and producing more natural oils to remove the dirt. This condition is exaggerated when the weather is hot or humind. These factors are what turn an oily skin type into a difficult condition to manage during the summer months or the monsoons.
· Excessive Makeup: Women who wear a lot of makeup during the day and remove it incorrectly or do not remove it all during the night often tend to exaggerate their oily skin type. The makeup can cover the pores of the skin and create a further imbalance that worsens the skin type.
· Diet: One of the most common myths about oily skin is that it is caused by having greasy and oily food. While this can cause certain skin problems over a long period of time, it is not a direct cause. Often enough, not having enough water and fresh fruits contributes to having an oily skin type.
· Using The Wrong Cosmetics: Women who are prone to oily skin can often exaggerate their skin type by using the wrong skin care products. If you use cosmetics meant for dry skin or sensitive skin, they will further the problem!
Do you have an oily skin type? How do you take care of it? Let us know!